Friday, February 01, 2008

Friday Flashback!

Having seven kids has brought many moments of surprise laughter. One night my three year-old daughter came downstairs with her nightgown on... upside down. I had seen clothing put on both backward and inside out, shoes on the wrong feet, but upside down was something new. Her little feet were through the arm holes right where her hands should have been. Her hands were busy trying to hold the nightie up over her body. She thought it was a great joke and so did I.

I asked both Hannah and Bethany about this last night. Hannah said she knew exactly what she was doing and Beth said Hannah thought it was hilarious. Bethany remembers taking the pictures of her silly little sister. Hannah also mentioned having two Little Mermaid nightgowns and talking Ben into putting one on so that they matched. She said they got in trouble when they came downstairs. I guess Daddy wasn't impressed with Ben's evening attire that night. Too funny!

18 comments:

  1. We both laughed pretty good about this that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of James' reaction to Ben wearing a little mermaid nightgown is what makes me laugh the hardest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! I remember Brian playing with Barbies... it wasn't long until Brett made sure he had a real mans toy... Not G.I. Joe but something like that!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! I remember Brian playing with Barbies... it wasn't long until Brett made sure he had a real mans toy... Not G.I. Joe but something like that!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty cute sister fun and it is funny to think of Daddy's reaction to the Little Mermaid nightgown. I think Ben has turned out okay, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is funny!! As T. was an only child, she had to think things up on her own, she did a great job, I will look for some pics of her, one comes to mind; her in her great grannie's wig when she was not quite three!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny! We have a video of Steven putting a sleeper on upside down when he was 3, the whole time telling us what a "big big boy" he was. He did finally get it on right.

    No picture of Ben in the Little Mermaid nightgown?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! P.S. You've been tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hannah is sooo cute when she was little!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is too funny! Very clever. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They would have won the "Many ways to Wear Nightgowns" Contest...that is if there was one..I think they had something there..multiple ways to wear out clothes...it might be the biggest thing since sliced bread..
    Amazing ideas come from little things like this..You have wonderful children and now grandchildren you two ... from hearty stock I would say..should I say...many would say...hugs your eccentric ma

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah...Priscilla...I have pictures..that you would absolutely love...after all..."James" had 4 sisters...who loved to play dressup...

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Our clothes" not "out" clothes..as in the first paragraph I wrote..sorry

    ReplyDelete
  14. They have interesting ways of wearing out clothes too.

    ReplyDelete