Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Bits and Pieces

 * Going to the Thousand Islands alone was amazing. It's only 2 1/2 hours away and I had an entire boatload of people waiting on the other end. They didn't know me, and I didn't know them, but I wasn't alone. I was able to drive home smiling after a very lovely day.

* I took 2 1/2 weeks off work at the beginning of September (September 1-16) and used up all 39 hours of my sick time. In all that time I didn't go farther than the city of Rochester. 

* On September 2 I had a little surgery. My eye doctor had recommended this procedure over 4 years ago but I was chicken, even though eyelids had turned into draperies that wouldn't open completely. Finally, tired of struggling to keep my eyes open, I gave in and scheduled the appointment. 

* September 18 was Hannah and Sergio's 11th wedding anniversary and we went on a little family overnight. She booked a hotel near Syracuse, NY and we packed up the kids. (Actually, she did all the packing. LOL!) On Saturday morning after breakfast, we set out for Old Forge where we climbed two mountain trails and took an hour long train ride in between. It was absolutely fantastic! After a dinner of pizza and wings, Sergio drove the 3 hours all the way back home.

* On my return to work last Thursday I met our new manager. (I have worked for Dunkin almost 2 years and gone through 5 different managers...) It's been a tough adjustment for my coworkers. I don't have an opinion on the manager as yet, but I'm hoping for the best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment