It's been months since I posted. It was a summer filled with work, woods walks, and ice cream. After considering July's status as National Ice Cream Month, I decided on an Ice Cream Challenge and threw all caution to the wind. Twenty-one visits to ice cream shops in July and August. Twenty-two if a Frosty at Wendy's counts. (This does not include ice cream sandwiches or Nutty Buddies.)
After one of Ruth's markets we went to Lugia's out in Spencerport where I humored my friend by ordering a medium, black raspberry cheesecake cone. That's four embarrassingly large scoops of ice cream piled haphazardly atop a miniscule cone. I ate two scoops. They were amazing!
I made three visits to Yia Yia's out in Williamson. One visit with my sister, one with Hannah, Sergio and the kids, and one with my daughter in law Leta and my Williamson grandkids. A summer must not slip by without a few visits to Yia Yia's! Rainbow sprinkles in honor of Grandmanita!!!
The Ice S'Coop out in Mendon. Bruster's in Webster. Lift Bridge Ice Cream in Fairport. Abbott's Original in Charlotte by Ontario Beach Park.
One rainy, Sunday afternoon I met my friend Chris and her new husband at the Pittsford Dairy where I branched out a little and ordered something fun and slightly mysterious. Two scoops, one Cookie Monster and the other Monkey Biz.One lonely Saturday afternoon I decided to try the Moonlight Creamery in Fairport where I ordered a scoop of Cannoli and a scoop of Butterbeer. That evening my friend Elizabeth called to see if I wanted to try What's Your Scoop down in Penfield. I sucked in my tummy and said, "Of course!" Small cone, of course. One scoop of Pothole. LOL!
I tried out Cold Stone Creamery, tucked in a corner of the plaza in town. Got a fabulous sundae with my friend Gail at Oliver's Candies in Batavia, NY on her birthday. And finally made it to Netsin's. The second time I took Idris to his violin lesson and it was just around the corner. How could we pass up the opportunity?
On August 22 I took a 2 1/2 hour ride to the Thousand Islands for a boat tour. (I'll save that post for tomorrow...) While I waited for my boat, I explored a few shops in Alexandria Bay the Lil' River Fudge Company was waiting. Soft serve pina colada because, you know, I had to eat lunch!
Another visit to the Moonlight Creamery, a return to Lugia's for a smaller sized cone, and another stop at Netsin's and my Summer Ice Cream Challenge came to an end... Kinda. LOL!









No comments:
Post a Comment