Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Hills, Valleys, and Vistas


Life is filled with hills and valleys, wide roads and narrow paths. Each individual must choose whether to keep pressing forward, backtrack to an alternative route, or forge a new trail. Life is give and take. No one has enough to give without accepting, and taking without a willingness to share creates deficits in ourselves and others. 
 
I am entirely grateful for those along my path. To those who nurtured and loved me while I learned to stand, toddle and run, I will be forever grateful. To those who gently encouraged me across difficult terrain, thank you! And to yet others who turned me in slightly different directions, pointed out new horizons, and advocated that I stretch my understanding, I am incredibly indebted.
 
To those who believe your subtle words and actions aren't making a difference, let me assure you they are not falling on deaf ears or blind eyes. Rest when you are weary, take shelter in the storm, nourish your soul and keep forging on. Every smile, every nod of the head, every word of comfort and consolation make an impact. Every child you inspire, every friend you reassure, every stranger you hearten makes the world brighter. Together we have the power to make the world a brighter place.

6 comments:

  1. ...keep your eye on the prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom.
      You are on my list of difference makers.

      Delete
  2. Yes, life does have its ups and downs but friends and family can be the foundation to forge ahead. I'm glad we met through the blogs. You are an encouragement to me as well.
    Hugs as you go through this week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is incredibly interesting and takes us places we never imagined. I am glad we met too. You are full of love and encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Martha you are doing great! It isn’t meant to be a marathon, but a leisurely stroll. Take it from one who knows. Keep your head up and your eye on the prize like Tom said!! You go girl!!! 😊😊

    Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A leisurely stroll. Yes, Marilyn, that is exactly right. Just like those lovely autumn walks in the woods of my childhood. I like that thought,

      Delete