Monday, July 15, 2024

Sundays

Sundays must be spent intentionally otherwise I end up home alone wondering what to do and how to fill my time. I did not go to church yesterday. Partially because I don't know exactly where to go and partially because there are places I know I don't want to go.

I messaged several people; my sister who was heading out to visit family, my friend Gail who did not answer because she was asleep, and my friend Laura who was planning an afternoon shopping trip with her daughter. I decided to return an item I had purchased at Aldi, pick up some photos at Walgreens, and run into Wegmans for a bottle of conditioner because shampoo and conditioner never run out at the same time. I also checked the pharmacy for my upcoming prescription refill. It was while waiting in the pharmacy line that I spotted Wendy. I called Wendy's name and waved. She is the owner of the daycare where I worked for so many years. It was a good connection, one I have needed to make happen.

I was in Wegmans when Gail woke up and sent me a message. We decided to catch up and later met our friend Linda for a late lunch at Uno's. Their Honey Crisp Chicken Salad is delicious! Back home again I took a look at my computer and listened to Audible. The Body Keeps the Score. I am not sure how to process this book... I heard rain, looked up and it was pouring outside! Of course my car windows were open just slightly. I ran out to close them and returned dripping wet. LOL!

In the evening, just after my family returned and the rain had dissipated, I got a text from Laura. We had agreed to meet up for an ice cream. I haven't caught up with her in what feels like a long time. We ate our ice cream and decided to visit Webster Park where we walked out on the pier, watched the sunset, and talked until dusk. The rain had cooled the stifling heat, the lake was calm, and it was an absolutely beautiful evening.

3 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a perfect day. Enjoying All of God's creation, catching up with friends and eating ice cream..yummm...
    Still praying for you and all the ickys you are going through.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so, so nice. Very peaceful and relaxing.
      Thanks for the prayers.
      Love you!

      Delete