Monday, July 29, 2024

Goodbye, July

Two more days, but those two are going to be okay. The month of July is mostly behind me. Now I can breathe. It's not as though all of life's challenges have miraculously melted away, but my mind and body are less in survival mode and more in the moment. I'm still appealing two indicated child abuse reports, still "unemployed" but "working" for my daughters, and still not always certain which way to turn. What I do know is I have a roof over my head, a family who loves me, and little ones who need to be loved and taken care of.

I took the boys to the park today. Our last trip there ended in disaster when Killian saw the playground filled with children and promptly declared, "I don yike dose kids," before ever getting out of the car. LOL! Today, although the parking lot was full, the playground was almost empty. He and Idris all but had it to themselves. Only two others were there. Others came in time, but by then Kili was acclimated and didn't complain. I found myself smiling when I heard Idris proclaim, "Wesley!" He had no idea I'd called his Uncle Nate to see if they were nearby. It was a fun afternoon. (Sorry, no pictures. Ha ha! I was busy reading a book and felting pumpkins.)

2 comments:

  1. Yay on getting through July standing upright and none the worse for wear. Praying on those awful indictments. No answers but God has been good to have you in a wonderful home with fantastic family and young'ins to care for. That's a breath of fresh air for you body and soul.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! Those rough days are rough! On to better ones, eh?

      Delete