Sunday, December 24, 2023

Weekend Crash

Skating by. That was my thought regarding the respiratory illness that ravaged the daycare this past month, but on Thursday morning something inside me felt off. Other being excessively tired though, I couldn't have told you what wasn't right. Friday I felt more tired and by the end of the day frustration was settling in. My head was feeling stuffy and I wanted to sleep. Rather than going to do pottery with my cousins, I went home instead. The children have had RSV. One small child coughed directly in my face last week and passed the dreaded viral infection on to me. (Thank you very much, TJ.) 

I stayed home yesterday and once again put off the myriad of tasks needing to be accomplished. I ate soup, drank tea, and took ibuprofen and vitamins. A shower helped me feel human, and my laundry got washed and dried. In the evening Bethany came with the kids and we went for a dark, evening walk around the block. The baking and wrapping would have to wait. Morning found me feeling better. Not 100%, but much better than yesterday. I missed all the Christmas church services.

By early afternoon I was feeling good enough to make a run to Wegmans to join the holiday rush. Hannah had not planned a Christmas Eve dinner so I picked up some golden potatoes, a spiral cut ham, a package of Hawaiian dinner rolls, and a package of frozen green beans while she was at work. It made an easy, yummy dinner. My gifts, few though they be, are wrapped. I did not make the cookies Bethany ordered, but maybe that will happen tomorrow... 


I am thoroughly grateful for this beautiful Christmas full of unexpected interruptions and unplanned surprises. My little tree is covered with smiling people and animal ornaments, my room adorned with happy snowmen, and the house is filled with love. My heart is full.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I'm so Sorry you were sick!! Not fun!
    When we were in NY State, we visited a Wegmans...OMG!! We LOVED it!! Wish they'd branch out to Texas! lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete