Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas 2023

We had a very nice Christmas this year. We gathered at Beth and Adam's house with outside weather that felt more like we were at Jim and Michele's place in Florida. It was 57 degrees Fahrenheit and downright balmy. Jillian was out running across the year in bare feet. (She takes after her mother. Ha ha!) 

Each and every one of my local kids and grandkids
made an appearance and I am thoroughly blessed. I brought a bin full of smallish Squishmallow friends and let the kids each pick one. Even the older boys had smiles on their faces while plucking a sleek, soft, stuffed creature from the collection. Hannah and I had picked out 23 just a week prior so that everyone got a chance to choose rather than be stuck with the leftovers of other's choices. I was confused when I counted the remainder and there were eleven instead of ten, but the mystery was solved when before I went home a small child said, "You didn't get me one." Oh, Henry! He was smiling too after picking a small, pillowy friend.

My friend Gail joined us for dinner this year which was very nice. We had way more turkey, macaroni and cheese, and desserts than we could finish in one day. It made me feel just slightly better about not having made any Christmas cookies this year.

I could take all my lovely decorations down and pack them away, but I've been enjoying them so much that I think I'll keep them around for a while longer.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't visited for a while. Life keeps getting in the way. I love all your little softies, and how special for the kids to pick one. Your Christmas sounds very nice. We enjoyed family for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Got a surprise ~ a new great grandbaby will come in July 2024.
    Sending belated Christmas and a Happy New Year. Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always loving you, always happy to see your name in the comments.
      Congratulations on the new great grandbaby! How exciting!!!

      Delete
    2. Also, I know how life gets in the way. Everything feels different these days, and quite honestly, so very much is. Lots of it good, and I'm still working on the rest. Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Just part of my snowman collection.

      Delete
  3. Aww...all the plush pillows for the babies! I love it
    Happy New Year!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were thrilled and that makes me happy. I felt successful with gift giving.
      Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  4. Love how you made Christmas so special.
    Cookies or no cookies its ok. Happiness is sweeter than cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding something that spans the entire age group, especially when it includes everything from 16 year old boy to 2 year old girl. It's almost miraculous! Ha ha!

      Delete