Saturday, July 24, 2021

The Barn Collective

My cousin Diana invited me to a bonfire, but the barn was calling for a picture...

Broken windows don't typically call to me, but these did.


 
This is a fabulous barn. I kind of wish I'd taken a closer look at it 30 years ago.
 

I don't have any stories other than it was packed full of stuff when the property was purchased over 30 years ago. The current owner has a big heart and told the previous one he had ten days to come get the contents or it would be considered the property of the present owner. They came and took what was of any value and left the junk, of course.  But that was a long time ago.

I didn't look inside, but I'm betting it's absolutely fantastic!


10 comments:

  1. ...I like what appears to be an addition on the right. The dormer and door on the right may be a haymow. Thanks Martha for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too. Perhaps next time I will take a wander inside to see what wonderful things are there.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. It's an oldie with a lot of history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking so too, Andy. It's quite intriguing.

      Delete
  3. This is one amazing barn. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! I think it's pretty fantastic.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Oh, it really is a beauty. You could paint it from a lot of angles. How beautiful is your first photo. I hope you go back some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you are right, Patricia, and I am very likely to return.
      :0)

      Delete
  5. Well you know me by now..I LOVE barns, windows and all the grunge in between . Terrific photos. I wish I was there to snoop around a bit with my camera too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete