Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Hurricane Helene

I spent several days at the home of my friend Ann before heading east on my son's birthday. It was so hard to leave her behind after spending so many days together and watching her go through some of the most difficult days of her life... I had planned to spend Jim's birthday with him, meet my friend Marty for sunrise at Jubba Beach Wednesday morning and head for home early Thursday, but my plans have been thwarted.

It's been a quiet day. I did not get up before the sun and drive to the east coast. Hurricane Helene is crawling up the west side of Florida, threatening havoc. My friend Marty, who was to meet me at the beach, was called on to secure several boats in the Daytona/Palm Coast area. I took a short drive around Sanford and got caught in the rain coming out of Walmart. It was a wonderfully exhilarating, warm, tropical rain. Several bands passed over today and more wind and rain are expected throughout the night and well into tomorrow. I won't be heading north toward home until the threat of storms and flooding has passed, whenever that may be. The kids have been given a day off school tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. ...put some rocks in your pockets so you don't blow away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Grand idea!
      It feels like a sauna outside.

      Delete