Friday, August 12, 2022

Big Kids

Last Friday afternoon, while my little ones were asleep, my boss poked her head in my Infant Room and asked if I wouldn't mind spending Monday in the "Waddler Room" with my three babies. I agreed, thinking she was simply asking Monday. In reality, she was asking for the entire week, and maybe the next couple. 

Although moving my babies to the next classroom has been expected and inevitable, my heart hasn't had time to prepare. Monday and Tuesday found me completely overwhelmed and out of sorts. I was thrown entirely off kilter. However, my babies have found the "big kid" room to be quite alluring. There are different toys, a big kid table and chairs, and they even go outside to the playground!

It's been quite the week. I am so proud of these three. M learned to wear her shoes and walk in them. She's been sitting at the table for her meals and sleeping on a cot! She hollers and squeals with delight when we go outside to play. She is going to do great as long as she can do it without me. (It hurts my heart when I have to leave and she cries...)

B has been fabulous too. She has already spent time in this class when we have had an extra baby in the Infant Rooms. She knows the drill and is very self confident.

D has been amazing! He will be 16 months old by the end of August, but he is tiny and doesn't walk just yet. In one week's time I have seem him grow by leaps and bounds. He's pulling himself up and very slowly taking steps along the furniture, occasionally sitting in a regular chair, and wanting a sippy cup instead of a bottle. Today he scooted himself all the way down the hill to the edge of the playground where he hoisted himself over the board edge and into the wood chips. He's going to be okay.

Maybe I'll be okay too...

6 comments:

  1. Precious Waddlers..I love that name. Some littles just need to be where the challenges are there for the taking to move on to the next step..I know its hard for you but the kiddos will fill your heart to keep going.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I didn't mention that I won't be staying in the Waddler Room. At least not to my knowledge. (I suppose anything could happen, after all I was the cook until I was asked to spend 2 1/2 months in the Infant Room...)

      Yes, I will miss spending my days with these three, just like I missed the other two when they stopped coming when school ended. Thankfully, I will get to pop my head in from time to time, collect hugs and kisses, and cheer them on. Still, I'm a little sad.

      Delete
    2. Google is being weird tonight... LOL!

      Delete
  2. Google is weird for me too..its an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waddlers--perfect description for that age!
    So glad that you were able to get together with all your kids recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps differentiate them from the older toddlers. Yes, it's perfect!
      Me too, Joeks. Having all my kids in the same backyard for even just an hour was fabulous!

      Delete