Tuesday, June 28, 2022

What happened to June?

 * Dan never made it to Italy. There are some rules about passports not expiring within six months of returning home from certain countries. Since his expires before that time period elapses, he was not permitted to board his plane to Florence. No trans-Atlantic flight, no pottery class, no touring Tuscany. No surprise that he was disappointed, and that is an understatement.

* One of my children desperately needed a minivan. I knew this two months ago, but I also knew there was no way I could fix that problem. Three weeks ago a good friend asked if I could help with a ride to and from Carmax because she needed to sell her 2010 Dodge Journey. I was happy to help. It wasn't until later that evening that I realized what had just fallen into my lap. My son now has the vehicle he needs to transport his children. (Did you know God smiles?)

* Lead Infant Teacher has been my title for eight months now, almost nine. I've watched four sweet, little girls grow from little babies to almost toddlers. Every time I sat on the floor I was covered in children. I have hugged them for all this time and they are now loving on me as well. I said goodbye (for the summer) to two of them last week and was super blessed to have the final two crawlers show me how they could walk on our final week together. I've purposed not to think too hard on the goodbyes. I really don't want to cry.

* This past weekend found my friend Gail and me getting up early Saturday morning and driving through NY State to Pennsylvania and all the way to Ashtabula, Ohio. We checked into a very nice little Airbnb just southeast of Erie, PA before heading to the Ashtabula Beach Glass Festival where we perused all kinds of exciting booths filled with treasures. When we had looked to our hearts' content, we headed up to Lake Erie and combed the beach for tumbled treasures. I came away with a fabulous sunburn on the back of my calves and I learned to spray sunscreen there too.

* This will be a short work week for me. My Florida son and grandson are coming for a visit and I'm taking a week off to play. I'll be going to work tomorrow but I'm calling it "Friday." Here's hoping for some fabulous hometown adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, enjoy every minute of your family time with your son. I know you will have a ball. It's just what the doctor ordered.
    Your sweet babies at work do put a smile on your face. they know they have been loved well. Hoping the next batch will fill that space for you. (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good first day. Lots of grandchildren played in the backyard.

      Delete