Sunday, September 26, 2021

Bits and Pieces

* Life is weird, and September has been extremely stressful. Emotional relief came midweek, a little earlier than anticipated, when my heart and mind were suddenly noticeably relaxed. Perhaps it was Tuesday evening's pottery class... but more likely it was a settling of thoughts, as if several previously misaligned pieces suddenly shifted into place creating a totally different perspective.

* My kids are struggling and it pains this momma's heart. If I could make them little again, I would make sure their life "tool boxes" were better equipped, but the days of me packing for them are over. Today they are left with choices. Either find the tools themselves, ask for help finding them, or learn how to get along without. There are SO very many things I would do different, but all the "if only's" in the world won't change what is. We can only go on from here.

* My favorite firstborn turned 40 this past Friday. How he caught up to me so fast is a mystery. I was so disappointed to miss his birthday, and then I realized that he probably wasn't fretting over it like me. The realization took the sting away, (and I was just there a few week back). I am a silly mom sometimes.

* It was a great weekend to be down at the lake. I even got my feet in the water again. Summer is holding on with all it's might. The lake water is getting colder, but still very enjoyable. I'll be gone away this next weekend so Saturday might have been my last opportunity for lake walking this year. (That's my friend Gail looking for beach glass.)

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good Mom, Martha. I love how your thought processes worked through the achy times and the realizations that they produced.
    I'm glad you are in a better place. Martha, you are very talented in writing down your thoughts. I hope you are keeping some kind of journal...
    Take care as you go through this week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a good mom mean constantly being aware of myself and I'm sure I fail often, but I am trying.
      I do feel great relief but I'm disappointed that so much of September felt stressful. It's such an incredibly beautiful time of year! For the most part, this is my journal...
      The week is going better already.
      Thank you.
      :0)

      Delete