Friday, June 11, 2021

Hello?

 It's come to my attention that I haven't written a blog in close to two weeks! Things have been a little hectic at the "office" since my return to work after the long Memorial Day weekend. Our lead toddler teacher has been out due to circumstances beyond her control, and so I was relieved from Kitchen Duty to fill in with our "older toddler" class. (They're all 2.) Our site director not only did her own office job, but somehow managed to get lunch out too. She's absolutely amazing!

I spent many "fun-filled" days with some of my favorite little people. They are feisty, sassy, and downright defiant, and I love them with all my heart. We spent hours on the playground and I gave out tons of hugs and kisses. I reprimanded, consoled, and encouraged and when I happened upon the babies down the hall, they looked at me as if to say, "Where in the world have you been?"

A little more than a week ago I finished my last pottery class, and two weeks ago I spent an evening at my cousin's house decorating a ceramic fairy door with several other women. They turned out fantastic! The installation might take some time, but stay tuned. It could happen.

Let's see... What else is going on? 

I went for a walk at Mendon Ponds with my friend Adam on Memorial Day, and spent this past Sunday afternoon at my son Dave's house. I've not been to the lake much as the algae has washed in making the beach gross.  Last evening I took myself for a walk.

I've been having a few back issues lately... Not sure if it stems from walking the shifting sands and stones of New Hampshire beaches, hefting toddlers, or something else, but my left foot has decided to tingle. I put a text in to my favorite chiropractor who looked at my back and gave me some stretches to help get  me back on track again. Growing up sure is interesting!

4 comments:

  1. Hey...hi...welcome back!!
    Missed your posts but it seems like you have really had your plate full. I like that there has been some "self-care" along the way for you too.
    I do hope you do another pottery class. I really love your work and style.
    Can't wait to see where the fairy door ends up.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been quite the couple of weeks!
      I think I'll be back in the kitchen next week, but I'm not entirely sure. We're down another teacher now. Hopefully she'll be back soon.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you filed the days you were missing from blogging. Nice to catch up. Sorry about your back, Like Sue, love your pottery work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have totally lost track of so many days that will never be recovered. I really should be blogging instead of endlessly scrolling Facebook and listening to mindless Youtube videos...
      Maybe I can do better this week.
      :0)

      Delete