Monday, April 12, 2021

Oh, There I Am!

There are moments when I am very much the same woman who started this blog a little over 15 years ago, and others where that woman feels a million miles away. There was absolutely no way I could have known in 2006 where the next ten years would take me, ... or the five following. There have been days so difficult that I didn't know how I would find the strength to survive. I learned how to cry again... when I thought that piece of me had been lost. The cap blew off the bottled up pain deep inside, spewing forth in torrents of tears, broken dreams, and gut-wrenching realizations. Healing felt impossible. The mountain before me insurmountable, the raging storm unstoppable... and yet, here I am.

Moments of searing pain still catch me off-guard, but my waking hours aren't consumed by the deep, unending ache. I've learned to love and forgive, to let go of what I can't control (which is just about everything), and to work on the only one I have any power over at all. Me. God continues to open my eyes to the world around me, to teach me new way, and to carry me over chasms uncrossable. 

There remain situations I don't understand. Life is about relationship, and relationships, quite frankly, can be hard. Only God sees straight to the heart. He knows me intimately and loves me anyway. It doesn't matter if I'm in a good mood and having the time of my life, or if I am angry and incorrigible. He's always just a prayer away, and that's not very far at all.

I am entirely thankful for the chance to find myself again, and even more grateful to have God holding me as I do. I'm looking forward to learning to new lessons, finding new friends and renewing old friendships, and taking deep, unhindered breaths and I climb new mountains.

8 comments:

  1. ...and enjoy the gifts of nature make each so much more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are "finding yourself" again but you know the Lord always knew who you are and where you are going. He never had to go looking for you.
    Love you dear friend and I love your transparent Martha.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, He did not. He's known where I was the entire time.
      Thank you, Sue. I love you too.

      Delete
  3. A true testimony to God's everlasting grace! I'm sure your picture is on God's refrigerator, if He has one. Love and hugs to your ever growing sanctification!! Love you deeply and dearly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an amazing word picture! God's refrigerator... :0)
      I'm still hitting bumps in the road, but the recovery is getting better with every one.
      Love you much and miss you more.

      Delete
  4. Sending you a big hug and warm prayers for the adventures ahead

    ReplyDelete