Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Nightly News

I have nothing much to report. I was at work from 11 am until 7:30 pm yesterday. Today I sat from 11:30 am until 4:30. My "friend" slept through most of it, even meals.

The weather maker brought us a bit of freezing rain yesterday afternoon, but my view from the window to the courtyard was just gray and overcast. By the time I went out to leave, the icy glaze on my van was loose and fell easily to the pavement.

This morning the yard was encased in a thin layer of snow-topped ice. I almost made myself late by stopping to snap a few photos. Yard debris encased in ice... Sticks, dry, fallen leaves, and grass. On the other side of the driveway, on the road side of Barn 1, a "rock" rested between tufts of dry grass and bits of icy snow. It wasn't until I looked at the picture that I realized it was actually an old black walnut, still in its wrinkled old skin, and still waiting for a hungry squirrel.

Maybe I'll have a better photo opportunity with the next ice storm. Or maybe even the next snow fall, whenever that might be.

4 comments:

  1. ...I didn't take a single picture today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you at least take your camera with you? I have left mine home too many days. And I hear your words every time.

      Delete