1. I stole a photo of Josh and his hot chocolate. He was just so pleased with those Sponge Bob mugs! (This next year, I resolve not to steal...?)
2. Patience... I resolve to continue working on that one.
3. I promise to water the "flowers" and treat them well.
4. I do not promise to have a cleaner, neater house, since I have come to believe the quest is certain to leave me only bitter and frustrated. Instead I resolve to continue seeing toys strewn across the floor as jewels.
5. I hope to one day this coming year purchase a camera of a little higher quality than my present one. But, I'm not making any promises.
6. I shall endeavor, once again, to lose the extra pounds I have put on since Hannah was born. Every time I lose a few they find me again and bring along a friend or two. Well, there's no more room in the house!
7. I will do my utmost to actually finish those books I got out of the church libraries (two different churches...), "Having a Mary Spirit" by Joanna Weaver, "Our Values: Stories and Wisdom" by Dale Evans, and "Tramp for the Lord" by Corrie ten Boom. This may require a little less time on Facebook...
8. I shall continue in my endeavor to meet my bloggie friends face to face. (How will I ever get to the Pacific North West if I can't even make it halfway to Syracuse?)
9. I shall sing more, grumble less... and buy my family earplugs. :0)
10. I shall pray for wisdom in how to bring a bit of joy and purpose back into my mother's life. Jigsaw puzzles, the daily newspaper, crosswords, and my blue chair just aren't doing it for her.
11. I must eat more fruits and vegetables, drink more water, and take a walk each and every day... or at least think about it.
12. Deep inside I want to be like my father, who had the wonderful way of making everyone feel special. I want to have a world full of favorites, or at least people who think they are!
13. I shall purpose to sit on the couch more with my family (after exercising, of course) , play more games, and be a little more involved in what they love.
And that is it for today. Maybe I will stay up until midnight, maybe I will watch a movie with my family, maybe I will eat popcorn shrimp... and maybe I'll decide to hit the sack early, although that's doubtful.
First United Methodist Church.
15 hours ago